The Beauties of Lake Maggiore
Rocca di Angera
The Rocca di Angera stands on a rock spur overlooking the southern shore of Lake Maggiore. In a strategic position in order to control traffic, it was owned by the Visconti family and in 1449 it was bought by the Borromeo.
Inside, an enthralling path leads to the discovery of the impressive Historical Rooms, embellished by the recent setting up of the Sala delle Maioliche, an extraordinary collection made up of three hundred very rare pieces.
The Doll and Toy Museum, the largest in Europe, amazes with its exhibition that re-proposes the history of the doll and the game through the evolution of materials. The setting is the Medieval Garden, rich in symbolic meanings.