The Beauties of Lake Maggiore
The appearance of the garden of Villa Taranto is not spontaneous, but it is the result, shaped over time, by the elaborated creation undertaken by Captain Mc Eacharn in 1931. The stages of the creation of the new gardens saw different work phases, until their completion in the 1940. Many thousands of plants imported from all over the world make up very rare collections. Among the most significant works we can name: the “Valletta”, built after massive excavation works; the irrigation system, whose water is pumped directly from the lake into a large reservoir and then radiated to every corner of the property; the “terraced gardens”, with their waterfalls, pools for water lilies and lotus flowers; the “Winter Garden” and the “Marsh Garden”; ornamental fountains and water features.